You are here
VanPlay Smart City Talks: COMMUNITY + VISION
DATESep 20 2017 - 6:30pm
Imagine Parks and Recreation – What could Vancouver’s parks, public space and recreation opportunities look like in 25 years? How about 100 years?
As the first lecture on our series, we are opening the floor to some of Vancouver's thinkers on the theme of COMMUNITY + VISION:
- Dr Tara Moreau: Associate Director, Sustainability and Community Programs | UBC Botanical Garden
- Jessie Mann: Youth leader at Roundhouse Community Centre
- Aaron Licker: GIS expert on mapping park access/walkability
- Ildiko G. Kovacs: Society for Children and Youth on Parks planning with children
- Andrew Pask: Vancouver Public Space Network
- Rena Soutar: First Nations relationship building and park board initiatives
- Dylan Rawlyk: Stanley Park Ecological Society
- Emily Seider: UBC graduate with a project on park spaces as disaster hubs
A reception will follow the talk.
The Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation is developing Vancouver’s Playbook, a new master plan to guide the delivery of vibrant parks and recreation over the next 25 years. As part of this process, The VanPlay Smart City Talks series will bring together some of the world’s leading thinkers on public space and urban issues to engage in a dialogue with Vancouver residents. This series will explore big ideas and interesting insights on the way we connect, play, and explore in cities.
Sponsored by PWL PARTNERSHIP LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS INC., and the Leslie Van Duzer SALA Legacy Fund established with a generous gift from an anonymous SALA alumnus.